Enjoy one of the classics from Yoga Retreats Malaga! Now with the vegan version:
Potato Cake Vegan
1. For the Cashew mayo, blend raw cashew (soaked in the water over night and drained ), non dairy milk, lemon juice, apple vinegar and salt.
2. Boil the potatoes in the salted water until they become soft, peal and mash them and season with salt and vinegar while they are hot. Let them cool little bit.
3. Divide the potato in three parts. Put the color with shreadded raw carrot, shreadded raw beet root and lemon zest, such as orange, red and white potato salad.
4. Lay the plastic wrap on the cake pan so that easy to come out, and spread out one of the potato salad and press well to be even. Do the same things to the rest of the potato salad so that it will be three layers. Cover the salad with end of the plastic wrap. Put in the refrigerator until is cool and settles down.
5. Before the serving, take the potato salad out from the pan and put cashew mayo around, and decorate it with herb and cut vegetables.
For decoration I used leek: open the green part and cut it diagonally and put in the cold water for a while so that it will be curly. Carrot: slice the carrot using peeler and put in the cold water. Finally, I use sliced avocado, mini tomato, basil, dill, and leaves such as rucula and watercress.
Tomatoes are very popular in Andalucia, and there are many ways to prepare them.
They are great for the skin, specially in a sunny place like here in Malaga, since it works as a natural sunscreen from within. They are a great source of vitamins (vitamins A and C), anti oxidants and folic acid.
In our Yoga Retreat we offer different versions with the tomato as a main actor. Here is our version with wakame!
Tomato wakame salad
1. Soak dried wakame seaweed in cold water for 30 minutes(follow the direction of the package) to soften and then drain well.
2. To make dressing, blend onion, vegetable oil, vinegar, salt, soy sauce and white pepper using blender.
3. Arrange sliced tomato, wakame and lentil sprout on plate and pour the dressing.
We believe in the importance of food in the yoga practice. Here below find one of our newest recipes to keep your body healthy and with energy!
1. Separate cauliflower flowers and cut them into medium size pieces.
2. Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add cumin seeds, when they begin to crackle, add chopped onions and saute them until become translucent.
3. Add minced ginger and garlic and saute for another 30 seconds.
4. Add cauliflower and mix well.
5. Add curry powder (or turmeric, coriander powder and cumin powder) and each time mix well.
6. Add salt and enough water to cover cauliflower and mix well and cook covered over medium heat until cauliflower gets soft about 15 minutes.
7. Add coconuts milk and simmer for 5 minutes.
8. Put all ingredients in blender or food processor, until smooth. Add more water or coconuts milk if you like.
9. Add garam masala o curry powder and simmer for few minutes.
10. Adjust the taste with salt, and little bit of cayenne for the garnish.