Sweet Potato & Peanuts Stew Retreats Recipe
Sweet Potatoes are one of the favorite ingredients that we use in our Yoga Retreats Malaga.
It has a delicious taste, but also has many vitamins as vitamin B6, D, and also they are a good source of magnesium, potassium, and a rich source of fibre that will help you to relax your muscles, to reducing swelling, and in combination with other ingredients, will make you feel better during the yoga practice.
They are versatile sweet-tasting root vegetable, and easy to prepare.
Ingredients and Method
1. Saute chopped onion with little bit of water or oil in a medium pot medium heat until become translucent.
2. Add minced ginger, garlic and fresh chili and saute for another 30 seconds.
4. Add tomato paste and diced tomato and mix well.
5. Add natural peanuts butter (e.g. about 1/2 cup for 4 servings) and vegetable stock or water and mix well so that peanuts butter dissolve. And bring it to a boil.
6. Add salt and hard vegetables such as carrot, radish and mix well and cook covered low heat until they get soft about 10 minutes.
7. Then add sweet potato and cook another 10 minutes until it is cooked.
8. Add spinach and simmer 5 minutes.
9. Serve with cooked rice or quinoa if you wish, and sprinkle crashed peanuts for the garnish.
10. Enjoy your meal!
Enjoy one of the classics from Yoga Retreats Malaga! Now with the vegan version:
Potato Cake Vegan
1. For the Cashew mayo, blend raw cashew (soaked in the water over night and drained ), non dairy milk, lemon juice, apple vinegar and salt.
2. Boil the potatoes in the salted water until they become soft, peal and mash them and season with salt and vinegar while they are hot. Let them cool little bit.
3. Divide the potato in three parts. Put the color with shreadded raw carrot, shreadded raw beet root and lemon zest, such as orange, red and white potato salad.
4. Lay the plastic wrap on the cake pan so that easy to come out, and spread out one of the potato salad and press well to be even. Do the same things to the rest of the potato salad so that it will be three layers. Cover the salad with end of the plastic wrap. Put in the refrigerator until is cool and settles down.
5. Before the serving, take the potato salad out from the pan and put cashew mayo around, and decorate it with herb and cut vegetables.
For decoration I used leek: open the green part and cut it diagonally and put in the cold water for a while so that it will be curly. Carrot: slice the carrot using peeler and put in the cold water. Finally, I use sliced avocado, mini tomato, basil, dill, and leaves such as rucula and watercress.
Tomatoes are very popular in Andalucia, and there are many ways to prepare them.
They are great for the skin, specially in a sunny place like here in Malaga, since it works as a natural sunscreen from within. They are a great source of vitamins (vitamins A and C), anti oxidants and folic acid.
In our Yoga Retreat we offer different versions with the tomato as a main actor. Here is our version with wakame!
Tomato wakame salad
1. Soak dried wakame seaweed in cold water for 30 minutes(follow the direction of the package) to soften and then drain well.
2. To make dressing, blend onion, vegetable oil, vinegar, salt, soy sauce and white pepper using blender.
3. Arrange sliced tomato, wakame and lentil sprout on plate and pour the dressing.